“Train Hard, Fight Easy” – U.K. Army Website
“Train as you fight, fight as you train” – U.S. Army Website
The biggest value of the Metcon Tactial Vest (MTV) is to offer athletes the best weighted vest in the market which, combined with the Ultimate Metcon Plates Triple Curve (not included), makes them unbeatable in design, quality and performance.
The development of the M.T.V. was long and went through the best military and sports experts who perfected every detail to make te M.T.V. the best weighted vest.
One of the main features of the M.T.V. is that it focuses on providing a perfectly-balanced spread concentrating all the mass of the plate on the athlete´s core and, this way, in exercises such as the muscle up on rings the atlete only has to focus on his technique without being concerned that the weighted vest might change his balance and, therefore, the way he does the exercise. When practicing weighted running the vest does not constantly hit the athlete in the chest/back/shoulders forcing him to run while holding the weighted vest against his body instead of just giving his all while running.
Also, the top part of the M.T.V. has been contoured so that it delivers a comfortable coverage keeping it away from the neck, therefore eliminating any irritation in the skin in that area. This also helps the most demanding WODS to become more comfortable as the weight is moved to the shoulders reducing the constant pressure around the neck.
This improvement was thanks to the Spanish Army Special Operations Command whose advice on this issue due to their experience wearing vests for long hours in a large number of missions on different surfaces has been invaluable. Thanks!!!
The M.T.V. has been manufactured with products of the highest quality, such as the Thoratex, which allow the use of precision lasers so that for the first time in Spain a weighted vest has the Laser cutting Molle system which gives the product cleaner and more precise edges than the ones manufactured with webbing straps (the traditional Molle system gives the possibility of attaching pockets to our vests so that we can carry phones and accessories while training).
The inside face of the M.T.V. is made with this material and the A.P.S. (Adapatable Pad System) is installed on it. This is a perfect combination as the Thoratex does not allow sweat to penetrate the vest and, at the same time, the removable pads of the A.P.S. can be replaced or washed separately from the vest as washing the vest often would reduce its life.
The vest is adjusted laterally through high-tensile elastic girdles, with velcro on the front and military standard Molle clips on the back and velcro on the shoulders which guarantee the product can be adapted to almost any size.
During the design we left a large area free to customize the vest both on the top front and top back of the item. This area can be customized with velcro patches. We obviously recommend to check our section of patches where you can find the best patches of Crossfit.
- Precision: laser cutting is one of the key points when combined with the Molle system and the amazing Thoratex® fabric. The result has been an accurate and quality vest.
- Convenience: designed and built to serve as a loading platform. The vest is compatible with MOLLE, the best system to create garments of support and load.
- Adjustable: for its size, design and fully adjustable elastic girdle you will have the freedom you have always wanted, even in the most extreme movements.
- Safety: APS is a padded and adaptable system built with the best material that also has a microfiber in the interior (Nubuk sensation), to avoid lacerations in case of friction with face or neck.
- Hydrophobia: MTV is ready for rain. The tissue (Thoratex®) is hydrophobic and completely repels water and sweat away from your body.
- Lightness: designed to increase speed, mobility and comfort. Its lightness makes the vest fit perfectly to your body and you forget the extra weight you are supporting.
- Customization: built with large central velcro® identification panels (loop) that can be stored or displayed for identification in competition.You are prepared for any customization.
- Adaptability: MTV is the perfect size. Thanks to the MOLLE system, the side belt and the front flap, our vest adapts to most sizes.
- Absorption: the tissue (Thoratex®) helps to transport moisture (sweat) away from your skin and makes it antimicrobial, hypoallergenic and resistant to odors.
- Thermoregulation: the airflow is regulated by the filling system. So it lowers body temperature, traps heat and moisture and allows perspiration to evaporate and keep you comfortable.